Home News Sarah Jessica Parker Hints at 'Hocus Pocus 3' Talks

Sarah Jessica Parker Hints at 'Hocus Pocus 3' Talks

Author : Eric Nov 30,2025

It appears that Hocus Pocus 3 is steadily moving forward—though we still don’t have a release date. In a recent interview, Sarah Jessica Parker addressed the film and suggested that Disney remains interested in continuing the project.

“There’s nothing new to announce except that we’d love to make it,” the Sex and the City star told Andy Cohen on a recent episode of his late-night talk show Watch What Happens Live. “We’ve been talking about it.”

The original 1993 movie was directed by Kenny Ortega and written by Neil Cuthbert and horror legend Mick Garris—a fun piece of horror trivia for fans. The comedy quickly grew into a cultural touchstone for 90s kids worldwide. It tells the story of three wicked sister witches who, after being resurrected by an outcast on Halloween night, target a town full of children—and their youth.

Those witches were portrayed by Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Parker, all of whom came back for the 2022 sequel Hocus Pocus 2.

In fact, the third film was officially confirmed back in 2023 by Sean Bailey, president of Walt Disney Studios motion picture production. In an interview with The New York Times, Bailey also said that director Anne Fletcher and writer Jen D’Angelo would return for Hocus Pocus 3.

Even so, progress has clearly been slow. Last year, Midler mentioned she had “heard rumblings” about the project, but nothing was set in stone. “If they’re going to do it, they should do it soon—time isn’t just marching on,” she said on the QVC+ talk show Busy This Week in July 2024. “Time is racing toward the finish line. Bring us back while we’re still breathing, for goodness’ sake!”

Given that I doubt anyone wants a Hocus Pocus film without the Sanderson Sisters, Bette makes a fair point.

Latest Articles More
  • Nintendo Confirms Switch Online Playtest for Switch 2

    The mysterious Nintendo Switch Online Playtest Program returns later this month, now compatible with the Switch 2.Nintendo confirms this playtest will feature the same service shared with a limited group of fans in October 2024 — originally available

    Nov 30,2025
  • Buried Stars game drops murder-mystery reality show twist

    Buried Stars is now available on iOS, blending entertainment industry drama with a gripping thrillerFind yourself trapped in a television studio during auditions, where you must uncover the murderer among youNavigate social media for clues, engage wi

    Nov 29,2025
  • Dawnwalker's Guide to Time Management for Progress

    In The Blood of Dawnwalker, a fascinating new gameplay mechanic challenges players to reconsider how they approach quests and manage their time. While advancing through the adventure, adventurers will find the game world constantly evolving—each comp

    Nov 28,2025
  • Dying Light: The Beast Weapons Unveiled by IGN First

    Dying Light: The Beast game director Nathan Lemaire provides an in-depth look at the arsenal you’ll command in Techland’s highly anticipated standalone first-person melee/shooter/parkour experience. Once again, you step into the boots of Kyle Crane, now transformed and driven by a relentless quest f

    Nov 27,2025
  • "Cheetah & Cheshire Join 'Justice League' in Wonder Woman Reunion"

    View 5 ImagesWriter Greg Rucka and artist Nicola Scott, who previously collaborated on the critically acclaimed Wonder Woman: Year One origin story, are reuniting for an entirely different DC project - Cheetah and Cheshire Rob the Justice League.Chee

    Nov 27,2025
  • Keanu Reeves Back as John Wick in Sequel Confirmed

    John Wick 5 has officially been confirmed, with Lionsgate announcing that 60-year-old Keanu Reeves will reprise his iconic role.The news was revealed at CinemaCon by Adam Fogelson, chair of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group. Pre-production is underway f

    Nov 27,2025